Crafting Freezer Labels

/
0 Comments
Organization efforts in my house are far more likely to "stick" if the newly imposed order is enforced through the use of labels. Our recent freezer reorganization was no different.

After I defrosted, cleaned and reorganized our extra freezer, I knew I would need labels to keep the bins orderly. I decided to make my own labels, using items pulled from my extensive crafting stash.

Materials: 

  • scraps of patterned papers - use your favorites. What are you saving them for?
  • cardstock
  • letter stickers
  • eyelets
  • twine or ribbon

Tools:

  • die cutting machine
  • circle punch
  • laminator
  • eyelet setter (I used We-R-Memory Keepers' Crop-a-dile)

Cut the cardstock shape of your choice - I used the pinked circles from Spellbinders and my trusty Big Shot.



Punch the circle out of the patterned paper; layer together and adhere.


Use letter stickers to spell out the label.


Once your labels are complete, you may want to protect them. I laminated my tags using the Xyron 850 - they don't even make that model any more, but other Xyron machines are available in other sizes. Staples also offers laminating services, and I'm sure other office supply stores do, too.

After I ran the tags through the Xyron, I put them back through the Big Shot with the larger circle to cut the outside shape.

Then, punch a hole - I set an eyelet in mine, because I have about 17,352 eyelets to use up before I die. Use a length of ribbon or baker's twine to tie the tags to the baskets.



There you have it. Cute tags that make you actually want to look and see what's in your freezer. :)


You may also like

No comments: